- Hungry First infant milk from birth
- Let's talk from Cow & Gate
- Need a chat?
- For some tips and non-judgemental support, our specialist baby advisors and experienced mums are here to talk and to encourage confident parenting at every stage.
- We are taking small steps (and some bigger ones) to help reduce our impact and protect the planet for the future of our little ones. Discover more by scanning the QR code.
- For Information on Halal, visit our website.
- We believe there's only one way to bring up your baby. Your way. Because no one knows your baby as well as you do. That's why we believe in supporting parents and giving them the reassurance they need to follow their instincts.
- Cow & Gate Hungry First infant milk is a nutritionally complete breastmilk substitute for when it is too early to wean.
- Nutritionally complete*
- *As required by legislation for infant milk, it is nutritionally complete and suitable as a sole source of nutrition from birth when it's too early to introduce solids, or as part of a weaning diet from 6 to 12 months. Talk to your healthcare professional before introducing solid foods.
- Contains DHA (Omega-3)**
- **Contains DHA (Omega-3) as required by the legislation for all infant formula.
- What's next?
- Starting to chew? When your little one starts their weaning journey, their needs will change.
- Cow & Gate Follow-on milk is suitable as part of your baby's balanced weaning diet from 6 months.
- Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
- Contents may settle in transit.
- Over 100 years of experience
- Updated formulation
- Breastmilk substitute
- Pack size: 800G
Lactose (from Milk), Skimmed Milk, Vegetable Oils (High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Rapeseed Oil, Sunflower Oil), Galacto-Oligosaccharides (GOS) (from Milk), Fructo-Oligosaccharides (FOS), Fish Oil, Oil from Mortierella Alpina, Calcium Phosphate, Choline Chloride, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Citrate, Vitamin C, L-Cysteine Hydrochloride, Magnesium Chloride, Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin), Inositol, Calcium Chloride, Potassium Hydroxide, L-Tryptophan, Iron Sulphate, L-Carnitine, Zinc Sulphate, L-Isoleucine, Antioxidant (Vitamin C), Pantothenic Acid, Niacin, Copper Sulphate, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenite, Manganese Sulphate, Vitamin K1, Biotin, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B12
- For allergens, see ingredients in bold.
- Store powder in a cool, dry place.- Do not refrigerate. - Use powder within 4 weeks of opening.
Preparation and Usage
- Feeding guide 0-12 months
- Approx. age: Up to 2 weeks; Approx. weight: 3.5kg, 7 3/4lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6g): 3; Quantity of water per feed: 90ml, 3fl.oz; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 6
- Approx. age: 2-4 weeks; Approx. weight: 3.9kg, 8 1/2lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6g): 4; Quantity of water per feed: 120ml, 4fl.oz; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age: 4-8 weeks; Approx. weight: 4.7kg, 10 1/2lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6g): 5; Quantity of water per feed: 150ml, 5fl.oz; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age: 8-12 weeks; Approx. weight: 5.4kg, 12lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6g): 6; Quantity of water per feed: 180ml, 6fl.oz; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age: 3-4 months; Approx. weight: 6.2kg, 13 3/4lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6g): 6; Quantity of water per feed: 180ml, 6fl.oz; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age: 4-5 months; Approx. weight: 6.9kg, 15 1/4lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6g): 7; Quantity of water per feed: 210ml, 7fl.oz; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age: 5-6 months; Approx. weight: 7.6kg, 16 3/4lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6g): 7; Quantity of water per feed: 210ml, 7fl.oz; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age: 7-12 months; Approx. weight: -kg, -lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6g): 7; Quantity of water per feed: 210ml, 7fl.oz; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 3
- Assumes weaning at 6 months. This is only a guide, your baby may need more or less than the above. Ask your healthcare professional if you require more advice. Always use the scoop provided.
- Scoop colour may change from time to time.
- For combination and bottle fed babies.
- How to use this pack
- To open: remove strip and lift lid.
- A scoop is provided in this pack, please store inside the lid.
- Click the lid securely shut.
- How to prepare your baby's milk
- Because powdered milks are not sterile, failure to follow instructions may make your baby ill.
- 1 Wash hands and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers' instructions.
- 2 Boil 1 litre of freshly run water. Leave kettle to cool for 30 minutes and no longer. Measure the required amount of water (refer to feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle. Be careful of scalding. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- 3 Using the scoop provided, level off the powder with the built-in leveller. Do not press/heap the powder.
- 4 Add the correct measure of powder to the water (1 scoop to 30ml of water). Adding too many or too few scoops can be harmful. Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake immediately, vertically and vigorously for at least 10 seconds, until the powder is dissolved.
- 5 Cool under running tap. Check temperature of feed. Feed immediately.
- Important feeding advice
- - Make up each feed as required.
- - Never add extra scoops or anything else to your baby's feed.
- - For hygiene reasons, do not store made-up feeds, discard unfinished feeds as soon as possible, and always within 2 hours.
- - Do not heat in a microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
- - Never leave your baby alone during feeding.
- Have you tried our ready-to-use milk?
- No preparation needed, simply shake, open and pour our ready-to-use milk straight into your little one's sterilised bottle.
- Important notice
- Breastfeeding is best for babies. Cow & Gate Hungry infant milk should only be used on the advice of a doctor, midwife, health visitor, public health nurse, dietitian, pharmacist, or other professional responsible for maternal and child care.
- Dental advice
- Do not allow prolonged contact of milks with teeth and make sure your baby's teeth are cleaned after the last feed at night. Ask your dentist for advice.
Name and address
- Nutricia Ltd,
- BA14 0XQ.
- Nutricia Ireland Ltd,
- Deansgrange Business Park,
- Quality guarantee
- This product should reach you in perfect condition. if it is not satisfactory, please contact us. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
- Nutricia Ltd,
- BA14 0XQ.
- UK 0800 977 8880
- Nutricia Ireland Ltd,
- Deansgrange Business Park,
- Co. Dublin.
- ROI 1-800 570 570
|Typical Values||per 100ml prepared feed|
|of which, saturates||1.1 g|
|of which, mono-unsaturates||1.7 g|
|of which, polyunsaturates||0.6 g|
|of which, LCPs†||0.038 g|
|- Arachidonic acid (AA)||0.017 g|
|- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)||0.017 g|
|of which, sugars||7.2 g|
|of which, lactose||6.9 g|
|of which, polyols||0.007 g|
|- Inositol||0.007 g|
|of which, GOS°||0.48 g|
|of which, FOS♢||0.08 g|
|of which, whey||0.3 g|
|of which, casein||1.0 g|
|Vitamin A||58 µg|
|Vitamin D3||1.45 µg|
|Vitamin E||1.2 mg TE|
|Vitamin K1||4.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.3 mg|
|Thiamin (B1)||0.07 mg|
|Riboflavin (B2)||0.15 mg|
|Niacin (B3)||0.43 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.06 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0.12 µg|
|Pantothenic acid||0.56 mg|
|Fluoride||≤ 0.003 mg|
|L- Carnitine||2.1 mg|
|Non-caloric carbohydrate (GOS°)||0.2 g|
|† Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids||-|
Important notice Breastfeeding is best for babies. Cow & Gate Hungry infant milk should only be used on the advice of a doctor, midwife, health visitor, public health nurse, dietitian, pharmacist, or other professional responsible for maternal and child care. Dental advice Do not allow prolonged contact of milks with teeth and make sure your baby's teeth are cleaned after the last feed at night. Ask your dentist for advice.
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2022