Tesco Finest South African Malbec 75Cl.
Per 125ml glass
- 5%of the reference intake
of the reference intake*
Typical values per 100g: Energy 324kJ / 78kcal
- Malbec. Wine of South Africa. W.O. Western Cape
- Integrity & Sustainability Certified
- Wine and Spirit Board
- A deliciously rich, ripe Malbec made from grapes grown in vineyards that stretch along the foothills of South Africa's Western Cape. Bursting with dark fruit flavours of black cherry, plum and blackberry, this is a well structured wine with an elegant hint of spice on the finish. Perfect with steak, pizza or dishes with rich tomato sauce.
- Tesco Finest in partnership with Origin Wine
- 10.1 UK Units per bottle
- 1.7 UK units per 125ml glass
- Know Your Limits
- UK Chief Medical Officers recommend adults do not regularly drink more than 14 units a week.
- Drink Responsibly
- Cap On - Recycle
- ©Tesco 2020. SC210967
- Wine of Western Cape, South Africa
- Spicy & full bodied
- Suitable for vegans
- Pack size: 75CL
- Contains sulphites.
- An elegant, structured wine with delicious intense flavours of ripe plum, blackberry, black cherry and a hint of spice
Region of Origin
Origin Wine Stellenbosch (Pty) Ltd
Type of Closure
- The grapes were harvested in the early morning to preserve all the flavours and aromas. After gentle destalking, the grapes are crushed and moved to stainless steel tanks where pre-fermentation maceration takes place for 3 days at 10 degrees Celsius. Standard maceration follows with 2 pump overs and the grapes left to ferment until dry. Winemaker - Johan Gerber
- The vines were planted between 2000 and 2004. Choice of cultivar clone and rootstock were well selected in the rich soils that the Western Cape offers. Vines are pruned to deliver well balanced crop and vineyard practices gets managed accordingly. The need for irrigation gets monitored on a weekly basis to ensure the vines never stress during ripening phase
- A Mediterranean climate dominates the Western Cape with the coastal regions influenced by nearby oceans - The Cold Benguela current (Atlantic ocean) from the South Pole flows along the western coast and the warmer Mozambique current (Indian ocean) follows the South coast.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 2 years
Store in a cool, dark place.
Wine of South Africa
Number of uses
Bottle. Recycle- Cap on
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City,
- AL7 1GA,
- Tesco Ireland Ltd.,
- Gresham House,
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||Per 100ml||Per 125ml glass|
|Energy||324kJ / 78kcal||405kJ / 98kcal|
|* Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2022