- increase the proportion of waste from our UK operations that we divert from landfill from 70% in 2007 to 80% in 2009;
- reduce the weight of packaging on Tesco own-label and branded products sold in the UK by 25% by 2010;
- double customer recycling at sites where we introduce automated recycling units during 2008, from 2006 levels;
- cut the number of carrier bags we give out in the UK by 50% by the end of February 2009, compared with May 2006;
- reduce water consumption per square metre by at least 2% against a baseline of 2006;
- work with the SCI to investigate the positive and negative effects of biofuels;
- continue to source seafood in a responsible way; and
- work to incorporate RSPO accredited palm oil into our products once it becomes available.