Things you need to know
Read our terms and conditions
The Clubcard Terms & Conditions are listed below, including our Data Protection statement. If you have any questions about these Clubcard Terms & Conditions please Contact Us
If you need any help understanding any part of this website, please call 00800 00 59 16 88
- 1. The Tesco Clubcard card and key fobs are issued by and remain the property of Tesco Stores Limited which reserves the right, at any time without notice, to:
- a. Alter or amend (at it's absolute discretion) the conditions of operation of the Tesco Clubcard scheme
- b. Terminate the scheme.
- c. Decline to issue Clubcard cards and key fobs;
- d. on reasonable grounds, withdraw or cancel Clubcard cards, key fobs or points collected. Reasonable grounds include:
- any abuse or attempted abuse of the scheme, or
- any use or attempted use of a Clubcard card, key fob or points in a manner which is contrary to these terms and conditions or
- any reasonable suspicion of dishonesty on the part of a member in connection with the scheme.
- 2. All participants in the Tesco Clubcard scheme must be resident in the Republic of Ireland and aged 18 years or over.
- 3. The Clubcard card is not transferable, and can only be used by the person whose signature is on the card. Clubcard key fobs may be used by any member of the main Clubcard holder's immediate family who is resident at the same address, as registered for the main Clubcard holder.
- 4. Members may be removed from the scheme at any time at the discretion Tesco Ireland Ltd.
- 5. Your Clubcard card and key fobs can only be used at Tesco outlets in the Republic of Ireland and other promotional partners who may from time to time be part of the scheme. Your Clubcard card cannot be used as a credit card or a guarantee card. You will also be able to collect points in any participating Tesco outlet in the United Kingdom and in such countries to which Tesco Ireland Ltd. may decide to extend the scheme. Points collected by you outside the Republic of Ireland will be credited to you in Euros subject to a rate of currency exchange as determined by Tesco Ireland Ltd. The use of the Tesco Clubcard outside the Republic of Ireland is subject to the terms and conditions of the Tesco Clubcard scheme operating in the country in which it is used.
- 6. The Tesco Clubcard scheme is only for personal and consumer use. Tesco Clubcard Points and Vouchers cannot be transferred, sold or in any way traded. They may only be pooled by members with the same postal address.
- 7. Your Clubcard card and key fobs cannot be used for any transactions where the beneficiary is a business and/or the owners of a business.
- 8. Clubcard key fobs remain the responsibility of the main Clubcard holder.
- 9. To collect points for a transaction in-store, your Clubcard card or key fobs must be presented at the checkout. To collect points on purchases made through any catalogue or online, you will be required to quote your Clubcard number.
- 10. Points collected on Tesco Personal Finance products will be collected separately to points collected on all other Tesco products.
- 11. Points collected on additional cards or key fobs linked to the main Clubcard holder's account will be credited to this account.
- 12. Points will not be given for purchases made at the tobacco kiosk or for the sale of Lottery tickets, savings stamps, postage stamps, prize bonds, medicines or infant milk formulae, or for purchases of Gift Cards, some Tesco Personal Finance Products, or purchases from the Tesco Outlet eBay shop. Other products may also be excluded from the Tesco Clubcard scheme without notice at the absolute discretion of Tesco Ireland Ltd. and/or by operation of law.
- 13. You must also spend at least €1 in a single transaction for the transaction to qualify for points. Then one point will be awarded for every €1 that is spent. This can be altered at the discretion of Tesco Ireland Ltd. Tesco shall be entitled to set a limit on the number of points which may be awarded to each Clubcard account in respect of special promotional items on which additional points are awarded. Tesco shall be entitled at any time to cancel points awarded if the relevant products to which such award relates are returned or cancelled for any reason and a refund of the purchase price is given or if the relevant products are exchanged for other products, unless such exchange is for products with an equivalent points value. Where the relevant products are exchanged for products of a lower points value Tesco shall be entitled to cancel the balance of points between those originally collected and those collected in respect of the replacement products.
- 14. The current redemption value of points is one point equals one cent. Tesco Ireland Ltd. reserves the right to vary the rate at any time.
- 15. Where points can be collected with our partners other terms and conditions may apply. Please check with our partners for further details.
- 16. Rewards, in the form of Tesco Clubcard vouchers, will be mailed with a Statement to the customers who have accumulated a combined total of at least 150 points by the end of each collecting period.
- 17. Collecting periods may vary.
- 18. The level of reward given by Tesco Ireland Ltd. and Tesco Personal Finance will be based on the number of points that a member has collected on Tesco products and/or Tesco Personal Finance products by the end of the last day of a collecting period. Points a member has collected on Tesco products and/or Tesco Personal Finance products that fall between the level of reward and the next level will be 'carried over' as the starting balance(s) for the next collecting period. The current levels are multiples of 50 points. Tesco Ireland Ltd. reserves the right to vary the rate at any time.
- 19. Members who do not reach the minimum number of points needed to qualify for a reward by the end of the collecting period will have their points total 'carried over' to the next collecting period.
- 20. Tesco Clubcard Vouchers' terms and conditions may be found on the back of the Vouchers.
- 21. The Tesco Clubcard Vouchers are and will remain at all times the property of Tesco Ireland Ltd and may only be redeemed at Tesco outlets in the Republic of Ireland. The Tesco Clubcard Vouchers are not transferable, and can only be redeemed by the Clubcard Member.
- 22. Tesco Clubcard Vouchers can be used up until the expiry date shown on the Tesco Clubcard Vouchers. Tesco Clubcard Vouchers will be redeemable on qualifying purchases at all Tesco outlets in the Republic of Ireland and will not be exchangeable for cash or Gift Cards unless otherwise stated and no change will be given.
- 23. The promoter of Tesco Clubcard scheme is Tesco Ireland Ltd., PO Box 3, Gresham House, Marine Road, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, Ireland.
- Help manage Tesco Clubcard and improve the way we run it.
- Understand our customers' shopping habits to improve our service.
- Unless you indicate otherwise, contact you with offers and information about products and services of interest to you and your family.
- We will share your details among Tesco companies at home and abroad (e.g. Tesco Personal Finance), and businesses that process Clubcard information on our behalf (e.g. printers who need certain details to print our mailings).
- We may also use and share information relating to groups of customers, without identifying individuals, to learn more about customer behaviour and find ways of enhancing our service.