Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and staff.
We believe in treating each other with respect, giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on.
It’s our people that make the difference every day - helping us create value for our customers and earning their loyalty for life.
Individuals on our Team
- Tesco Ireland employs over 14,000 employees and we are constantly told that our staff team is the company’s best asset.
- We believe that our staff members are critically important to customer satisfaction and will be working with them to develop the business further.
- This means that we must motivate and train our employees to give the best possible customer service and provide opportunities for all members of staff to develop their talents to the full.
- In fact, the company encourages all staff to see themselves as company ambassadors and to use their own ideas when serving customers based on how they themselves would like to be served.
Our Core Purpose and Values
To create value for customers to earn their lifetime loyalty.
No one tries harder for customers:
- Understand customers better than anyone
- Be energetic, be innovative and be first for customers
- Use our strengths to deliver unbeatable value to our customers
- Look after our people so they can look after our customers
Treat people how we like to be treated:
- All retailers, there's one team....The Tesco Team
- Trust and respect each other
- Strive to do our very best
- Give support to each other and praise more than criticise
- Ask more than tell and share knowledge so that it can be used
- Enjoy work, celebrate success and learn from experience
Employee Welfare and Benefits
- The company believes that the welfare and safety of its employees is of paramount importance and we apply high ethical standards to protect workers’ rights and reward employees fairly for their work.
- Full and part -time staff have had their benefits harmonised, including salaries, subsidised healthcare, purchase discounts, and pensions.
- Yet, the approach of Tesco to worker welfare goes beyond its own employees. The company insists that its suppliers meet certain employment standards in matters such as fair pay or minimum working ages.
Beginning a Career with Tesco
If you are interested in working for any of our branches please be aware that our stores manage their own recruitment needs.
To apply for General Assistant vacancies in any of our stores please contact the store that you are interested in working for directly.
For all other current vacancies please apply online here.
A list of stores and their contact details can be found under the store locator on our home page.